The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers, and it lets us get to know our fellow book bloggers and make new friends! I had never heard of it until my wonderful friend Amanda at Of Spectacles and Books nominated me!
As part of the nomination, I’ve been given 11 questions to answer.
1. What do you do outside of blogging?
I work at a bookstore (dream job!) that my sister owns, and when I’m not there or in class, I do tons of crafting. Seriously, it’s a problem.
2. How much of the people outside the Internet realm know you blog?
I share my posts on my facebook, so it’s not a big secret for me. I also have a couple blogs on tumblr, though. Very few people have those URLs. Haha.
3. What is your top five favorite reads of all time?
Oh dear. I can’t rank these, but here we go: Peter Pan, Pride and Prejudice, the Harry Potter series, The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love, The Language of Flowers.
4. If you could meet three people in real life (living or dead) who would they be?
Part of me wants to say Tom Felton, but Emma Watson, Mindy Kaling, and Taylor Swift are such huge inspirations and I wouldn’t want to waste that opportunity on a crush, though he is incredibly talented and brought my favorite character to life.
5. What is the longest book you’ve ever read?
I honestly don’t know. I’ll say Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but I don’t think that’s quite right.
6. In your opinion, what is the best book to film adaptation?
Augh. Tough question. I don’t really compare books to their movies, but since The Fault in Our Stars was worked on so closely by John and the dialogue was taken straight from the book and it made me cry even more than the book, which never happens, I’ll have to go with it. TFiOS.
7. Is there a movie that you can quote from beginning to end? What is it?
Probably Finding Nemo and Brother Bear. But my super quote thing is The Office. I could live life only talking in Office quotes.
8. If you could do anything in the world, no matter how much it cost, what would you do?
Own my own bookstore with tons of departments. It would be modeled after Flourish and Blotts, and have two branched off kids party centers, a cafe/bakery, and lots of little reading nooks with shelves holding staff picks.
9. What is your biggest fear and greatest dream?
I have really bad driving anxiety, so getting in a fatal wreck is my biggest fear. My biggest dream is becoming an actress and living in England.
10. How long have you been blogging?
On this blog, 11 months. Overall, three years.
11. What is the best thing about the blogging community to you?
I know about so many more books than I used to, and I love seeing the different personalities and tastes that different bloggers have. It’s really helped me become more knowledgeable about the book world and I can’t wait to learn more!
Thank you to the amazing Amanda for nominating me, and if you haven’t already, so read every single post on her blog because it’s absolute perfection! Check out Of Spectacles and Books!